The Home of Beautiful, Informative Cycling Content
Welcome to Pedallers. We aim to create inspiring and revealing cycling content. Our team of experts is here to help you so that you can get the most out of your time on the bike.
Who Pedallers is for
YOU! Pedallers is created for riders of all ages and disciplines that want to learn more about cycling and become better cyclists for it. Our online format allows you to absorb the hints and tips we provide. From there you can take this information and put it into action.
Who creates Pedallers content?
Looking to uncover knowledge from experts, Pedallers only publishes unique curated content for the cycling enthusiast, by cycling enthusiasts. It’s easy to call ourselves experts but our Palmarès (that’s cycling talk for ‘resumé’) speak for themselves. From accredited cycling coaches to real people who have spent most of their lives on a bike – read more about the Pedallers team and meet them here.
History of Pedallers
Pedallers was originally the name of an old school bike shop in Rochester New York State, one where you could just about smell the Campagnolo. The shop was opened in 1973 and then taken over in 1981 by the long-term owner Bob DeRoo. At this point, Bob shifted the shop’s focus and concentrated on high-end racing bikes, before expanding the shop and even creating regular community rides – a novel concept at the time. In 1999, the store joined the dotcom boom and created an online presence, seen by many to be quite the accomplishment for a small business in that era.
Here’s the Pedallers shop’s mission statement posted on the original website:
The Pedallers Bicycle Shop, Ltd. exists to promote cycling and cycling related activities as a life style. The staff should enjoy being with our customers and provide them with a memorable and enjoyable shopping experience while giving them truthful and knowledgeable information to help resolve their cycling problems which will allow them to better achieve their personal cycling goals. It is important for us to remember that we should always put the customer’s needs and desires ahead of our own personal biases or specific needs of the store. We want to treat each customer as we would want to be treated under similar circumstances and then we believe God will give us the increase.
In the proceeding 20 years, the Pedallers Bike Shop continued to serve a unique racer niche in New York. Upon Bob’s retirement and subsequent shop closure in 2019, the website was acquired to become an online-only presence, and in 2022 finally taken over by a cycling YouTuber thus unifying the Pedallers brand and solidifying it for history.
Pedallers as you see it today creates unique cycling-specific content, created by our team of experts where we focus on cycling gear, fitness, health, and experiences. Curated by us for you, we hope you enjoy and get value out of your Pedallers experience. We aim to stick to that original mission statement from the shop days … just as Bob would have wanted.
The beauty of biking is difficult to describe in words. With that, the Pedallers YouTube channel was born. And while it’s clear beautiful cycling videos are nice, and informative videos are educational, we aim to provide a blend of the best of both worlds: beautiful videos which are also informative. From amazing cycling trips to the French alps to our ever-popular (and growing) “best of” series, there’s sure to be something for you – check it out and if you got some value out of it please subscribe to our channel, it’s free and really helps our growth and reach more cyclists.
How to get the most out of Pedallers
We feature articles on training, nutrition, gear reviews, and tips for beginner riders, with information on how to get started and tips for safety. Find what you’re looking for today, take it in, and apply what you’ve learned. Here are some great starting points:
- Pedallers Buyer Guides: Cycling is an equipment-intensive activity and finding the best gear for you the first time is critical in enjoying your biking.
- Pedallers Product Reviews: Got your eye on a product and want one of our cycling experts to take a critical look at it, without trying to sell you something in the process? Our product reviews are independent and designed to give you all the information you need to ensure you can make the right decision, the first time.
- Pedallers Fitness: Becoming a fitter and stronger biker takes effort, and the Pedallers crew created our fitness series to ensure you’re putting your efforts into the right areas. Efficient fitness with a focus on biking results.
- Pedallers Health: It’s no good being fit and unhealthy. Our Health series takes a look at complimenting your fitness in a healthy, sustainable way. Our health experts have a strong biking background and know what it takes to avoid health issues and reach peak biking fitness.
- Pedallers Nutrition: “You get out what you put in!” It may be a famous catchphrase but only because it’s true. With Pedallers we’ll assist you with your nutrition input, to maximize your biking output.
- Pedallers Indoor: Indoor biking has really come a long way in recent years with the advent of online platforms such as Peloton and Zwift. Let us maximize your indoor training success with expert tips and hints.
- Pedallers Clothing: We take a look into what apparel works, what doesn’t, and why. If you’re going to spend time in the saddle, being comfortable makes it enjoyable.
- Pedallers Travel: Share the journey with the Pedallers team as we experience cycling from all corners of the globe because traveling is so much more beautiful on a bike.
How you can support Pedallers
The best thing you can do is take in our content, learn something from it, and put it into practice – becoming a better cyclist is at the heart of the Pedallers movement and that is the core of this very website. If you really want to take your biking to the next level you can also join our email newsletter list and subscribe to our YouTube channel here.
You may also see some products reviewed on the Pedallers website with links to buy these products. Please note we do earn affiliate commissions at no extra cost to you when you buy through us – it’s how we pay for our site – if you’re going to buy something please do consider clicking through from our site, it doesn’t cost you anything extra and helps us curate even more relevant and helpful content.
And with that – we’ll see you on the road!