Check out the results fast – here are our review winners
Hitch Mount Bike Rack
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks
IKURAM 4 Bike Rack
Cycling is one of the best outdoor activities you can enjoy alone or with your friends. However, carrying your bike in a car can be very tricky especially if you need to carry several bicycles. The good thing is that you can use a bike hitch rack to carry your bikes. These racks are very sturdy and convenient to use because they allow you to attach the bikes to your car for easier carrying.
With these racks, you do not need to worry about the safety of your bikes because they hold the bikes securely in a way that they cannot fall off. They are also designed in a way that they do not scratch your car or bike. In this article, we shall reveal the best hitch racks that are worth your money.
We’ve spent the time so you don’t have to:
hours spent finding
The 4 Best Bike Hitch Racks in 2020 – Reviewed
Swagman XC2 Hitch Mount Bike Rack
As compared to other bike hitch racks on the market, this one has the highest reviews. One of the major selling points of Swagman XC2 Hitch Rack is the sturdy construction which enables it to support up to 2 bikes. It also features an inbuilt anti-wobble hitch device that makes it easy to install. The center arms are designed in a way that enables them to fold down to give you access to the rear of your vehicle. This means that you won’t need to remove the rack. The frame grip arms have a coating that protects your bike’s finish. Again, it has an upright ratchet arms which adjusts according to the frame size of your bikes.
- Keeps your bikes stable
- Upright ratchet arms
- Foldable design
- Easy to use
- Accessories are sold separately
Latest deal: Swagman XC2 Hitch Mount Bike Rack
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks comes with 22-inch long carry arms which secures the bike individually thorough the Allen’s patented tie-down systems. It also comes with folding carry arms which gets out of the way when you are not using the rack. Again, it features a sturdy steel construction and has a powder coating to prevent rusting. The rack comes with a lifetime warranty but you should not use it in front of the vehicle. It is also compatible with vehicles with a 2-inch trailer hitch only. It is also easy to install without wobbling.
- Sturdy construction
- Easy to use
- Long carrying arms
- Lifetime warranty
- Not compatible with all vehicles
Latest deal: Allen Sports 4-Bike Hitch Racks for 2 in. Hitch
IKURAM 4 Bike Rack Bicycle Carrier Racks Hitch Mount Double Foldable Rack for Cars, Trucks, SUV’s and Minivans
If you are searching for a very strong hitch rack that can support up to 4 bikes, this rack will be a great choice. It supports a maximum weight of up to 140lbs which means that it is very sturdy. You can also fold the arms when it is not in use. Again, it is fully adjustable and comes with dual compound cradles and quick secure straps which secures your bikes firmly. In order to enhance durability, it has a powder coating which also prevents rusting. The swing down feature enables you to access the rear part of your vehicle more easily.
- Dual arm mounting design
- Easy fold-down arms
- Steel construction
- Lifetime warranty
- Straps are a bit difficult to use
Latest deal: IKURAM 4 Bike Rack Bicycle Carrier Racks
Look Keo Classic 3 Road Pedals
This one is one of the best selling hitch racks on the market. It features a heavy-duty steel construction which enables it to hold up to 4 bikes. It also comes with loop straps and padded bike cradles which prevent the bike from getting scratched. There is also a swing down feature which allows you to access the rear of your vehicle. Additionally, has loop straps and adjustable bike cradle which secures the bikes firmly. However, it is not suitable for campers, RV’s and fifth wheels vehicles. If you are searching for a cheap models, it is one of the most affordable options on the market.
- Affordable price
- Adjustable bike cradles
- Swing down feature
- It can support up to 4 bikes
- Not very strong
Latest deal: Look Keo Classic 3 Road Pedals
Best 4 Bike Hitch Rack Buyers Guide
Our aim is to ensure that our readers are getting the best products for money from the products we review. This means that we do a lot of research when reviewing different products. Below is how we came up with a list of the above products.
- Durability and strength- This is the most important thing you should consider when buying a bike hitch rack. You will find that all the above racks are made of heavy-duty steel to enhance their strength as well as durability. Due to this, they are able to support several bikes.
- Foldable design- Foldable racks are the best because you do not need to remove the rack form the vehicle when you are not using it. If you have a limited parking space, this will be one of the most important features you should check.
- Adjustable arms- It is not easy to find a bike hitch rack that perfectly matches the diameter of your bike tires. This means that hitch racks with adjustable arms are the best because they are able to adapt according to the size of your bike. They also allow you to attach several bikes on the rack.
- Price- Bike hitch racks are available in different prices according to their quality. We have tried to identify cheaper models for those who are on a budget.
- Wobble-free installation- This feature prevents the bikes from shaking when you are installing them on the rack. It also makes the bikes quiet when you are driving. Anti-wobble additions also prevent the bike from scratching one another when the car is moving. This also ensures that the bikes do not move out of the clamps which is something that is likely to happen when driving on bumpy terrains. All the four racks have this feature which means that they are all safe to use.
- Strength- Bike hitch racks have different weight limit according to the materials uses. Therefore, you need to ensure that the hitch rack can comfortably support the weight of your bikes.
- Design- Some hitch racks may not be compatible with some bikes due to the design. This means that you need to ensure that the rack can support your bike. It should also be compatible with your car.
Before you install the rack, the first thing you need to do is to confirm if your car has a reliable hitch receiver. In case the receiver is rusty or broken, you should not install the rack.
Since bike hitch racks only supports the frame of the bike, you need to buy extra straps to enhance stability. In case your car doesn’t have a hitch receiver, you can take it to a mechanic to have it installed.
Frequently asked Questions
Are hitch bike racks safe?
One of the major benefits of bike hitch racks is that they are made of sturdy and long lasting materials. Due to the heavy-duty construction, they are highly reliable and secure.
Do bike racks damage your car?
Bike hitch racks are designed in a way that they do not get into direct contact with your car. However, they can hit the car especially when driving on bumpy terrains if they are not well installed.
Bike hitch racks provides the most convenient way of carrying your bikes using your car. They have a strong build quality which enables them to support several bikes. However, you need to check the weight limit of the rack to ensure that it can support the total weight of your bikes. In terms of price, hitch bike racks come with a decent price even for those who are on a budget. However, you need to check the materials used to ensure that they are durable and sturdy irrespective of price. In case you have been thinking of investing in the best bike hitch rack, you can never go wrong with those we have reviewed.