Best Cereal Bars For Cycling [Review] in 2021
written by Cycle expert Alex Bristol
Check out the results fast – here are our review winners
Long distance cycling is a very exiting activity but like with most exercise, it can be very tiring. If you want to make your rides more successful, you should consider carrying energy bars to keep you energized when climbing those big hills. The major problem with most of these energy bars is that they do not have much nutritional value since most of them are full of sugars and chemicals. This means that you should not just buy any of these energy bars without checking the ingredients on the label. In this article, we shall reveal the top 4 cycling energy bars that are worth your money.
We’ve spent the time so you don’t have to:
Our Selection of the Best Cycling Energy Bars
Gatorade Prime Protein Bar, Chocolate Chip
This Gatorode Prime Fuel bar review is a must read. These are the perfect way to provide energy for cyclists and athletes. They contain both proteins and carbohydrates, which means that they are very healthy and a great start to your day. Also note that they contain 45 g of carbs, which fuels your muscles, and 5 g of top quality proteins. They are available in different forms such as peanut butter chocolate, chocolate chip, honey oat and oatmeal raisin.
Perfect energy booster
Available in different forms
Could taste better
Latest deal: Gatorade Prime Protein Bar
Health Warrior Chia, Bars, Tropical Variety Pack, Gluten Free, Vegan
Health Warrior Chia bars are the perfect choice for anyone who wants to maintain on a healthy lifestyle. This is because they contain just 3g of sugar and 100 calories. They are also made with plant-based ingredients and real plants, which means that they fill you up without making you uncomfortable. Again, they are non- GMO, soy free, daily free and gluten free. Another impressive thing is that they provide omega 3s, natural fiber, antioxidants, proteins, calcium, iron and magnesium. They come in 5 bars where each bar contains 3 different flavors which are Mango, Acai Berry and Coconut.
Packed with super foods
Keeps you full
They are small
Latest deal: Health Warrior Chia
Clif Bar Original: Chocolate Brownie Box of 12
Clif Bar is a very soft energy cereal bar for cyclists, which comes n different flavors such as ChocolateBrownie, Chocolate Chip and Crunchy Peanut Butter. Whether you need some energy for hiking, long road bike cycling, training, camping or any other activity, Clif Bar Energy Bars provides contains wholesome ingredients that keeps you energized. They are proteins bars that are made of non- GMO ingredients such as peanuts, nuts, dried fruits almonds and organic rolled oats. The good thing about them is that they are specially made to provide sustained energy during various activities. Also note that they contain 9-11 grams plant protein which are combined with fast acting and long lasting carbohydrates.
Made of organic ingredients
Enhances your performance
Ideal for everyone
Contains a lot of sugar
Latest deal: CLIF BAR- Energy Bars
Types of Cycling Energy bars
If you are a cyclist, the following are the most common types of energy bars you can find today.
- Carbohydrate bars – These ones are also known as real energy bars. They provide fuel for your workouts. You can use them either before or after strenuous exercises.
- Protein bars – These ones helps to repair the muscles after exercises. They are not only rich in proteins but they also contain low carbs which mean that they do not provide a lot of energy.
- Meal placement bars– Meal placement bars contain all the nutrients which includes protein, fat and carbohydrates. Even if they cannot replace the nutritional benefits of a full meal, they are very important for those with limited time for eating. However, you should not rely on them as part of your diet.
- Low calories bars– These may not be the best because they provide very little energy. They are used as snacks and are suitable for those who want to lose weight.
Cycling Energy Bars Buying Guide
Energy bars are made of different ingredients, which means that picking any will be a bad idea. Below are some of the things we considered when coming up with our top 4 picks.
- Ingredients– This is the most important thing you should check because the ingredients will determine how useful the bar will be to your body. We tried to check the ingredients from the labels to ensure that they have a good combination of protein, carbohydrates and fat. We also care about your health and all the products we have reviewed do not have ingredients that might affect your health.
- Taste – Apart from healthy ingredients, you also need a tasty energy bar. However, it should not be too sugary. What you will find from the products we have selected is that they are very tasty which makes them suitable for everyone.
- Price– What you will love about cycling energy bars is that they are very cheap. Even if you do not have a lot of money, all the above products are pocket friendly.
Frequently Asked Questions
When should you use the energy bar?
The best time to use energy bars depends on personal preferences. However, if you are a professional cyclist, you can use energy bars after long rides. On the other hand, beginners should use these bars before they start cycling.
Are energy bars healthy?
This depends on the ingredients used in the energy bar. A bar with high fiber is not the best for exercises. Sugar energy bars are great but they should not have a lot f added sugars.
Do energy bars really work?
Energy bars may not boost your energy level better than the real food but they are a great option when you do not have a lot of time to east or when you need to boost your energy levels instantly.
Why do people eat energy bars?
IF you are involved in vigorous activities like cycling, you need to keep your body energized. Energy bars contain proteins and carbohydrates which are very important to your muscles. Carbohydrates provide the required energy while proteins help in repairing your muscles.
If you enjoy vigorous exercises like cycling, energy bars will be the perfect solution to keep your energized. The good thing about them is that you can easily carry them especially during long and tiring bike rides. If you are searching for the best, you can pick any of those we have reviewed in this article. We did a lot of research to ensure that we have only picked the best. You can confirm this by checking the links we have provided.
Content Manager at Pedallers
Alex is a cycling expert at and focuses on reviewing bikes, accessories, and general cycling. He searches for the most up to date products that match the needs of cyclists across the world. Whether it's recent news or the best bike set-ups, Alex is a trusted source for anything around cycling.