Best Road Bikes for Women [Review] in 2020
Last Updated on July 27, 2020
This guide has been written by Cycle expert Alex Bristol
Check out the results fast - here are our review winners
In today’s modern world, the difference between men and women is slowly diminishing. Women are also doing things which only men used to do in the past. We see that women’s cycling trend is increasing day by day. This growth is uniform so some people might not have noticed it yet. However, the demand for women bikes has also increased with such increasing popularity of women biking.
You are exactly in the right place if researching and looking to buy the best road bike for women. In this article, we will show you the top 4 road bikes for women. We recommend these based on speed, reliability, performance and comfort in the mind. So, here we go!
We've spent the time so you don't have to:
Review of the Best Road Bikes for Women
Schwinn Volare 1400 Road 700C Wheel Bicycle, Matte Purple, 48 cm/One Size
Top Choice Item
If you want to ride the bicycle with speed then it should be nimble and agile 700c women’s Volar 1400 by Schwinn. It is a speedy, light road bike which gives you the speed you want. The oversized tires of this bicycle are for giving a fast and comfortable ride while being on the road. The alloy double-wall rims of this bicycle are strong and light.
This bicycle is rock solid, reliable and perfectly designed. The front wheel and the seat can be released quickly. It gives you a comfortable ride with its smooth and responsive gear and 14 possible configurations.
Quality road bike
Comfortable and a speedy delight to ride
Expertly designed road bikes
The seat is a bit hard.
Latest deal: Schwinn Volare
SAVADECK Carbon Road Bike
TORAY T800 has a carbon Fiber Frame, Fork and Seat post. Clean airflow over the entire bike is ensured by full internal cable routing. This road bike provides smooth shifting while riding. To give better handling to the riders the tapered head tube strengthens the torsion rigidity. This road bike is lightweight and weighs only 9.8kg (21.6lb). For beginners and enthusiasts, this road bike is great. It is mostly assembled so there is no need to worry about the assembly.
- Oval concept 6061 Alloy 40MM Bearing Wheelset
- Continental Ultra Sport II (C304 SL) Wire
- 700x25C Tire
- Free Pedals
TORAY Carbon Frame, Fork and Seat Post
SHIMANO Speed Control
MICHELIN 25C Tire
Carbon fibre frame
Latest deal: SAVADECK Carbon Road Bike
Schwinn Fastback AL 105 Performance Road Bike
Prime Picked Item
This road bike is designed for all riders from intermediate to advance. If you want to ride a bike that is fast and gives high performance then this road bike is great for you. The ideal balance of performance, climbing high and pushing the distance are some of the properties presented in the Schwinn Fastback series.
Size range of the bike
- 45cm/Extra Small Frame is for Riders of height 5’0″ – 5’3″
- 48cm/Small Frame is for Riders of height 5’3″ – 5’7″
- 51cm/Medium Frame is for Riders of height 5’7″ – 5’10”
- 54cm/Large Frame is for Riders of height 5’10” – 6’1″
- 57cm/Extra Large Frame is for Riders of height 6’1″ – 6’4″
Good bike for an excellent price
Brakes and Stem
Some people complain about the durability
Latest deal: Schwinn Fastback
Vilano R2 Commuter Aluminum Road Bike Shimano 21 Speed 700c
Best Value Item
This road bike has a frame that is of 6061 Double Butted Aluminum. This road bike is great for riding to class, around town at the weekend and to work. You should choose the correct size of the bike to get comfort and safety. The correct size of the bike can easily be chosen according to your height because different sizes are available for different heights. This road bike requires tuning and assembly. The price of the bike is perfect if you look at its quality.
- Speed: 21
- Frame: 6061 aluminium frame
- Front Derailleur: Shimano
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano Tourney
- Brakes: Alloy Calliper
- Tires: 700c x 25c
Double-butted aluminium frame
700c Doubled Walled CNC Alloy Machined Sides
Alloy calliper brakes
No air pump included
Latest deal: Vilano R2 Commuter
Best Road Bikes for Women Buyer Guide
If men can enjoy cycling and biking then why can’t women too? This is what inspired women around the world to take steps forward and enjoy life by cycling just like men have been doing for centuries. After looking at this increase in women’s interest in cycling, many brands around the world have taken quick steps in manufacturing bikes specially built for women. These are designed to suit the requirements of women cyclists.
There are unlimited options and choices available for women to choose from in today’s market in the presence of many brands. More variety is good as you have many options to see, test, check, and buy. At the same time, this makes the selection process a bit difficult as you have to reject some brands and bikes to accept the other one. To make things easier for you, we have explained the 4 best road bikes for women above.
In simple words, ask yourself what kind of biking you are planning then narrow down your research based on your budget. If your goal is to enjoy long-distance comfortable cycling, endurance-oriented bikes will be good for you compared to speed bikes. If you want speed and like racing then the bike needs to be lightweight and aero features become important. The best part is that the above-mentioned road bikes for women are ideal for everyone, whether you want comfort for long rides or speed.
Are women road bikes worth it?
Below are the major benefits of using women’s road bikes;
- Cycling helps to strengthen your heart which also means that it prevents heart diseases.
- It is also good for those women who want to keep fit by burning extra calories.
- Different studies have also revealed that physical activities such as cycling may prevent breast cancer.
- For those women who are recovering from injuries, cycling helps to relieve pressure from your joints as well as muscle building
How to pick the best road bikes for women
Choosing the best road bike for women may seem easy but if you want to get the best value for your money, you should check the following;
- Frame – Bike frames are made of different materials such as steel, aluminum, carbon fiber, and titanium. If you are searching for a long-lasting frame, steel frames are the best but they are a bit heavy. On the other hand, aluminum frames are great because they are lightweight, affordable, and are also rustproof. Carbon fiber is very stiff long-lasting and also light while titanium bikes are the most expensive.
- Seat height – The best road bike should allow you to adjust the height to suit your body. Again, the bike seat should be located in a place where you can easily bend your knee when pedaling in a lower position.
- Comfortable saddle – As compared to those road bikes that are normally used by men, women road bikes are unique. For example, the best road bikes for women should have a wider comfortable seat to support the hips.
- Handlebars – A good road bike for women should have easy to reach handlebars. The handlebar should have a measurement of 36cm-38cm if you are searching for a stable and comfortable road bike.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between male and female road bikes?
What you need to know is that road bikes for men are very different from those used by women. One of the main differences between these bikes is the seat. You will find that the seat of men’s bike is a bit narrow while that of women is a bit wide and more comfortable. You will also find that most handlebars in men’s bike have a measurement of 42cm-44cm while women’s handlebars have a measurement of 36cm-38 cm.
Can a woman ride a men’s road bike?
Some women can comfortably ride unisex road bikes but these bikes are not ideal for everyone. If you are a woman, it is good to invest in a road bike specifically for women like those we have reviewed especially if you are searching for a bike that you will be using frequently.
Why do women’s bike seats have holes?
There are two reasons why women’s bikes have holes. One of them is to relieve pressure from delicate tissues and the other is for ventilation.
Content Manager at Pedallers
Alex is a cycling expert at and focuses on reviewing bikes, accessories, and general cycling. She searches for the most up to date products that match the needs of cyclists across the world. Whether it's recent news or the best bike set-ups, Alex is a trusted source for anything around cycling.