This guide has been written by cycling review expert Alex Bristol
Last Updated on
Last Updated on
How Long Do Mountain Bike Tires Last
When it comes to durability of mountain bike tires, it is not easy to tell exactly how long they will last. This is because there are a number of determining factors that will determine this. However, most of the tires have a lifespan of between 3200-6000 miles. Below are the major factors that affect the durability of mountain bike tires.
- Cycling style– This one will be the major determining factor because the harder you ride, the more likely the tires are likely to wear out.
- Terrain– Again, the type of terrain will also determine the durability. For example, your tires are likely to last for many years if you are riding on smooth terrains like on the grass. However, they are likely to wear fast when riding on rough and tough terrains. Also when you are riding on gravel or when riding on a road with many potholes, your tires are likely to wear out faster.
- Material – Some tires are made of low quality materials or they are not thick enough, such tires are not likely to serve you for long. When buying, it is important you consider the quality of the material used in their production to ensure that they are sturdy and long lasting.
- Maintenance- You should be very careful on how you maintain your tires. Never subject them to a lot of abuse. Again, you should put them in a cool and dry place. Ensure that you are using the recommended cleaning agents when washing them.
- Weight – In some instances, your weight can also determine how long your tires will last. The heavier you are the more likely the tires are likely to delete. The rear tire wears out first since it will be subjected to more weight by your body.
- Usage – Mileage is the other determining factor. If you ride more frequently, it means that they are likely to wear out fast.
If you want you want to enjoy a great performance. It is good to change the tires after2000-3000 miles. The god thing is that most of the tires are very cheap and reliable. Once you start getting excessive flats, it may be a sign that you need to change the tires.
One of the best ways to ensure that you are safe when cycling is by ensuring that your tires are always in good condition. Replacing them frequently is one of the surest ways that will not only boost your cycling experience but will also ensure that you are safe. Again, don’t go for cheap tires when busying since most of them may not be durable. It is important to determine the quality of the materials before buying.
The other thing you will need to consider is the terrain. Ensure that you have chosen the right bike that suits the terrain. For example, if you will be riding on rocky terrains, you need to ensure that the tires are very thick and sturdy. They should also have a good grip. Lastly, proper maintenance of the tires will also enable them to serve you for a long time.
1. Road Bike Tire Life – Post by ilovebicycling
Related Post: Best Mountain Bike Tires [Review]
No Results Found
The page you requested could not be found. Try refining your search, or use the navigation above to locate the post.