What To Look For in a Full Suspension Mountain Bike
This guide has been written by cycling review expert Alex Bristol
Whether you are an experienced rider or you are just starting out, choosing the best full suspension mountain bike would be the first step if you want to enjoy your rides. Unlike the standard mountain bikes, full suspension mountain bikes are a bit different since they have more advanced features. This means that if you are not careful, you may spend your money on a low quality product without knowing. However, we have outlined some of the best features you should check when buying these types of bikes.
- Alloy wheels – When cycling, the wheels of the mountain bike normally takes more strain than any other part of the bike. This means that when used for a long time, they will wear out. To prevent this, it is important to check the quality of the wheels to ensure that they are durable. Remember that if the wheels are damaged, they may also loose their shape which may lead to loss of control. If possible, look for allow wheels because they are very strong and long lasting. They are also tough which means that they do not get damaged easily.
- Tire size – Mountain bikes comes with different sizes of wheels which can affect the overall performance of the bike. However, you choice should depend on the terrain where you will be riding the bike. If you will be riding in rough terrains on areas with many bumps, you should consider larger wheels. However, smaller wheels provide better control.
- Material– The material used in the construction of the bike will not only affect durability, but also the weight. You do not need a very heavy bike. Therefore, you should look for a bike with metal or aluminum alloy frame.
- Disk brakes – The best full suspension bike should have disc brakes. These ones allow your bike to respond and stop fast which means they are highly reliable. You will find that they have a larger pad than the other types of brake systems which offers a larger contact area against the wheels. In addition, they are more durable than others and are also easy to maintain.
- Budget– Unlike other types of bikes, you will find that most of the full suspension mountain bikes are a bit expensive due to their quality. Investing in an expensive full suspension mountain bike is great considering that you will be buying a high quality product with fantastic features. However, if you cannot afford the most expensive ones, you can still find cheaper models though they may not provide the best performance. Again, if you are just starting out, you can go for a cheaper model because they are easier to use.
If are not sure about the best full suspension mountain bike that can give you the best value for your money, the above factors will come in handy when buying. Knowing the terrain where you will be riding the bike will be the key thing because it will allow you to look for specific features of the bike that are suitable in such terrains.
1. 8 Tips For Buying Your First Mountain Bike – Page on Full Speed Ahead