What to Look For in a Recumbent Bike
Last Updated on May 18, 2020
This guide has been written by cycling review expert Alex Bristol
Last Updated on May 18, 2020
You must have heard that health is wealth and the best way to stay healthy is through exercise. Most people do not have the resources to go to the gym. However, everyone can easily exercise at home. Recumbent bikes are an excellent way to exercise at home. You must know what to look for in a recumbent bike before purchasing it.
Recumbent bikes are super easy to use for both old and young people. However, buying it can be quite a challenge. This is why we are here to help you. When buying a recumbent bike, there are certain things that need to be taken into consideration. These things are listed below.
What to look for in a Recumbent Bike:
- Adjustable seat and backrest: Recumbent bikes are quite popular for their comfort. It is especially great for people with back problems as they do not put too much pressure on the individual. When buying a recumbent bike, make sure it has an adjustable and soft seat. Furthermore, the backrest should be mesh. This allows the air to circulate to your back. All these aspects make a recumbent bike very comfortable.
- Flywheel: The flywheel should be heavy as you can experience a better road feel-momentum.
- Warranty: When buying a recumbent bike, look for one that offers a long-term warranty for both the frame and all the electric parts.
- Design: The design must be such that it allows easy and smooth mounting and dismounting. The design should be a step-through. This means that you can walk to the bike and sit on the seat instead of lifting your leg and crossing it over the bike.
- Backlit LCD Display: This is great if you are exercising in a dark room.
- Preset Programs: These help you stay motivated and challenged especially during a paddling session. Most recumbent bikes have a preset program which is a great feature to consider before buying.
- Resistance: Magnetic tension resistance ensures a smoother ride. Therefore, it is advised to look for this feature before purchasing a recumbent bike.
- Cooling fan and speaker: A cooling fan with different levels of speed is a great feature. It keeps you cool especially during a tough exercise. Furthermore, with a nice set of speakers, you can listen to good music while you exercise.
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity: In today’s modern world, it is essential for devices to have USB connectivity or Bluetooth. It helps you stay connected to your devices while you exercise. In addition to this, you can even charge your devices while you exercise.
Recumbent bikes are an excellent way to exercise at home. They help in toning the muscles in your legs and thighs and increase strength. Furthermore, it is very safe and comfortable to use. When buying a recumbent bike, you must keep a few essential features in mind e.g. warranty, design, flywheel and resistance.